Understand this: you are the ONLY ONE who can change and cast off these shackles of limitation and turn your life into what you want it to be…until you do step forward, you will be a prisoner within yourself, a shipwrecked spirit without rudder or compass, subject to the winds of your own self-imposed limitations…or even worse, the limitations of others. ~ Alden Mills on Charlie Mike http://perfectpushup.blogspot.com/2009/01/perfect-promise-part-ii-team-perfect.htmlSometimes, when I listen to music, read a passage in a book, when the air and light are just so I feel like my inside self is doing pirouettes across the grass. As if I’m leaping through the air, like dolphins on a sunny day. Sometimes I truly understand what the Grinch felt when his heart grew two sizes. Sometimes, when I’m too tired, too stressed, too something, I feel like pulling in as much breath as my lungs can hold and just letting it out in the longest, loudest scream I can manage. Sometimes, when the sky is gray, the clouds play peek-a-book with the mountains, and it’s just plain cold out, I feel my heart squeeze tight with happiness, and can't help but sing. Sometimes, walking down a hallway at work, dealing with the minutia of life, I hear a carnival theme echo in my head. Sometimes, I don't. Do you, ever?
That I have had before / But did not finish, - some way back, / I could not fix the year, / Nor where it went, nor why it came / The second time to me / Nor definitely what it was, / Have I the art to say. / But somewhere in my soul, I know / I've met the thing before; / It just reminded me- 't was all- / And came my way no more. ~Emily Dickinson
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Do You Ever?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's awesome Nat ... I can't wait to have the Author of the PP read that :)
OK, today, 1 1/4 mile treadmill, 1 mile stationary bike and some leg lifts. Tomorrow I'll see if I can amp it up a bit: you rock sistah!!
Thanks Janet!
Jan 13: 20 mins recumbent bicycle (5 miles, level ground), 10 minutes crunches, 30 minutes treadill (1.9 miles)
Post a Comment