That's exactly what I feel like saying to the world today. Ever have one of those days where you knew the second the alarm went off that it would be best for all concerned if you just didn't answer the call?
Nothing has gone horribly awry today. Actually, nothing has gone awry at all. Just, as CrankyOtter said in her blog yesterday, "It would be helpful if I could punch something." Not sure why. It just feels like it would be helpful.
I dreamt a lot last night. I dream a lot most nights, detailed stuff I can remember. But some nights, well, the dreams are so real, so vivid, it's hard to leave them when I wake up. They linger for hours, sometimes days. Last night's has been dragging behind me all day. Makes me think about this Cultural Anthropology course I took in college. (Loved that class.) But there was a tribe in Africa (I think it was Africa) that believed our spirits left our bodies at night and traveled. Those travels are our dreams. (I realize that it's a very common belief, not just to this tribe. It's just the first time I'd ever heard it, and it made so much sense to me.) In our waking lives that sense of deja vu is because we've intersected with something or someone or someplace from our dream travels.
It's weird, because I can tell the difference between what I call "traveling" dreams and "filing" dreams. Filing dreams are dreams made up of snippets of information my brain is processing. Almost the equivalent of the "filing" basket I have on my desk at work. I keep piling stuff in it, and several times a week I sort and file. Filing dreams are made up of info that my brain sees as I rifle the filing cabinets of my mind to put things away. Or clean them out. I can usually pick out where the different elements of the dreams came from.
Last night was, I think, one of those traveling nights. Too real, too vivid, too gripping. My spirit wasn't ready when the alarm went off this morning. Not all the way back, maybe. It was a good dream, I was having fun. I should have stayed. LOL. :)
2 comments:
Uh, stay fired up? Ok, this is the wrong post for that. But cool to hear about how you dream. I'm trying to think if I ever have filing dreams - I probably do, but it's mostly as I fall asleep.
I totally understand the "but my dream is not at a place where I can leave it right now" attitude. I still haven't found anything to punch. But I can feel my abs more today so the pilates must have done some good.
Ok, this comment is a rambling mess. I'll just say Hi, I hear you and leave it at that.
LOL. Hi back at ya! Glad the Pilates did you some good. Sorry you never found anything to punch. ;)
Maybe we should invest in punching bags? That actually sounds kinda appealing...
Went home and did Cardio & Arms. Felt much better after that. Also helped that this cold front has cleared the smoke out, there was sunshine & a nice stiff breeze and I could open up the house again...
Post a Comment