Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I am Superwoman

Not.

So I was going to workout last night. But by the time I left work yesterday, I had a raging sinus headache. Got home, took some meds, crashed with the heating pad for about 40 minutes, and then raced to meet my little sister & her family so we could split up and attend both of the girls' concerts last night. Yep. The high school and middle school scheduled their choir concerts the same night in two different locations. Sigh. I'd promised KT I'd go to hers before we knew about Shanni's...Shanni was very sweet about letting me keep my promise to KT. And I'm glad I did as it looked for awhile like I was the only one going. Poor kid. Why is it that we try so much harder to make it to events for younger kids than for teens? Is it because we think they'll understand better?

Anyway. Three of us went to one, three to the other. When KT saw us in the "crowd" she lit up. I haven't seen her look that happy in a long time. She was beaming and looked fabulous up there singing and enjoying herself. Her choir ended after 20 minutes, so her stepdad and I split (after trying to find her in the crowd and not being able to) to see how much we could hear of Shanni's. Hers started 30 minutes after her sister's. We got there halfway through the first song. Toward the end, when they stood back up to do the final songs with the other grades, Shanni saw me and I could see her go "Ohhhh!" It was funny. Then a tall girl stood in front of her. LOL.

Then I went home and was in bed asleep by 8:30pm. I hate sinus issues. I'd try the sinus rinse Cranky Otter recommends if it hadn't been so...entertaining...the first time. ;)

So I got up extra early to work on the next Xmas project that I'd oringally planned to do last night. Now that I have one, I just had to use the sewing machine in a project. Pretty much went like this:

  1. Ran out of thread.
  2. Switched to another color, it started snagging.
  3. The bobbin ran out.
  4. I stitched a crooked line and had to take them out by hand.
  5. Snagged again.
  6. And again.
  7. And again.
  8. The needle broke.
OMG. I threw it aside and got ready for work. LOL. It's a good thing my coworker found a bottle of Coff.ee Mates Pumpkin Spice creamer while she was shopping last night and got me a bottle. Three cups (and a major case of let's-clean-my-office-'cause-it's-grungy) I'm finally sitting down for longer than 3 seconds. Too much caffeine perhaps? I should have brought my PPU to work today.

Someone please stop me. I am not Superwoman!

No comments: