Or should that be the other way around?
So this weekend I finally felt well enough (note use of well vs good - hope I got it right my BB friends!) to move around and do stuff. Yesterday I pretty much gamed all day - played "Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge" on my new used PS2. Took a break to go grocery shopping (desperately needed!) and to dust the living room. Did that because the layer of dust on the TV was making it harder to kill the "bad guys".
You know that commercial that shows the adult playing the leapster handheld electronic game with the boy? And she's all excited about the level she's on and he's higher? Well, that's me and my nephew. Really. See, I tested the game at their house when I bought it, since it was used. He really liked it, so we played it several times. The last time we played for several hours, and my oldest niece played as well. I joked that I needed them (especially my nephew) to run through the game for me first so I could see how to beat the bad guys. Well, it might have been a joke when I said it, but it's now the truth. LOL. I've made it all the way to the level after the last one my nephew beat. And I keep dying. Darn it.
It's not my fault. OK, it is my fault. But you have to get behind the doctor (who is in a chair that keeps swiveling), pull open his head, get in front of him, grab his brain off the table and toss it in...TWICE. Because there are 2 halves to the brain. All while dodging machine guns, swirling propellers and bolts of electricity. All three of which alternate. Oh, and before his head closes again.
But at least it lets you retry the chapters. So I focused on that...in my own lovely OCD way I've redone all of the first 6 chapters until I scored an "A" for nightmare level on each one. (And earned the figurines, than you very much). :)
Now I've just gotta figure out how to beat this next chapter. Which I will probably then have to play over and over again until I score an "A". All night I dreamt of of people with green bars and red exclamation points over their heads. And they were all running around malls and stores Xmas shopping. (This comes from spending all day Saturday shopping with my little and her family. A fun day, surprisingly, but still a day of shopping right before Xmas!) Sigh. I really need to learn not to be so obsessive when I get new stuff!
I did earn enough "souls" replaying each chapter to level up both my "Soul Robber" and the fire bombs to level 3. Pretty impressive stuff. ;)
So now I need to figure out how to get my nephew out here to show me how to beat this game. [g] Sad, so sad, that I need my 7 year old nephew to beat a lousy game...
No comments:
Post a Comment