Goal: 3x Abs & Arms, Gym Night
Sitrep: 1x Abs & Arms, 20 min Basketball (Gym Night)
"Don't get my kid kicked out of the White House."
That's what I woke up to at 7am this morning. Well, okay, I was awake at 6:15, I just kept hitting the snooze button. Man, did I dream a lot last night. All I can remember of that is something was being torn down or deconstructed or taken apart. It was not a good night. So when the phone rang as I was putting in the first contact lens, I'm pretty sure I swore. Popped the second lens in and ran for the phone.
It was Shanni's mom. Yesterday was the big family meeting for the upcoming Washington D.C. trip. Apparently the kids get to meet with the delegates from their states (delegates as in our states' congressmen). Each kid has to come up with a question for our representative/senators, along with a solution, on important issues facing MT. Well. Guess who's gotten tasked with that? Not that I really mind. [g] Of course, I was sitting there going "What? Why didn't she ask me last night when we were hanging out together?" (Shanni has a really bad habit of leaving homework/reports to the morning of the day they're due.) I was a wee bit irritated because I'd specifically gone over her homework list with her last night! Turns out it's due on Monday. So then I asked why not have Shanni come up with it? Because really. I don't think like a 12 year old. At least, not all the time! They'll be able to tell we're feeding her lines. ;)
I bet Shanni can come up with a good one, and a suggestion for a solution. She's smart enough, definitely creative enough, and let's face it; the poor kid has been around me long enough she's not exactly in the dark as far as current events and politics go. And from what I gather there have been more than a few heated arguments at her Dad's house between him and her older sisters...Dad is a staunch conservative, his girls are more on the liberal side (as is their mother).
Jeez. A girl lets her hair down once around this family and they never let you forget it!!!! ;)
Last night's foray to BBBS' 2nd Gym Night was fun. No volleyball available, so it was more of a free-for-all. Shanni & I shot hoops for a while, and then I challenged her to play some one-on-one with me. She scored more baskets than I did, even though she grumbled at first that she didn't know how to play. We did that for about 20 minutes, until it got too crowded on the court. I think our case manager got some shots of us. I didn't give Shanni any quarter....I wanted that ball and was determined she wasn't going to score. That girl is fast, and can turn on a dime!
But I got to beat her at air hockey. Three games in a row. Hah. And then we played checkers. Can you believe she's never played checkers before? Shocking what kids nowadays aren't exposed to. ;) I explained the rules and we started to play. Apparently she didn't quite get that you can jump more than one checker in a row as long as there's an empty square on the other side and you're headed in the correct direction (unless you're a King, then you can go either direction). The first time I jumped two of her pieces I thought she was going to swallow her tongue, she was so startled!!! It was absolutely hilarious. I don't think I have ever seen her look so surprised and shocked...
Now I can add to my reputation - at least with BBBS - that I'm a ruthless air hockey and checkers player. I will give my chosen victim no quarter! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment